How to get to the Maldives – London
If you’re based in the UK, you are only 10 hours and 10 minutes from Malé airport. British Airway now has a direct route from London Gatwick. Flights land at Ibrahim Nasir International Airport, which is situated on its own island, within easy reach of Malé, the capital of the Maldives. From Malé airport you can access the individual islands by sea plane or by taking a connecting intra-island domestic flight from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport.
How to get to the Maldives – East Coast USA
The easiest way to get from the East Coast of the USA is to fly directly to the Maldives from its hub in Dubai. You can get to Dubai from several North American gateways including New York, Boston, Toronto, Los Angeles and more.
How to get to the Maldives – West Coast USA
With a flight time of just over 16 hours, you can fly direct from Los Angeles to Dubai, connecting onwards to the Maldives.
Malé International Airport (MLE) is located 2km from the capital, Malé on Huhule Island. Incoming guests are met by courtesy speedboats from the respective island resorts.
A passport valid for at least six months beyond intended period of stay as well as a ticket for return or onward travel. Visas are issued free on arrival for stay of 30 days
Between islands: Island Aviation conect Malé with Kaadedhdhoo, Kadhdhoo, Gan and Hanimaadhoo islands. Island-hopping ferries and speedboats are available.
On land: It’s easy enough to walk around most islands as they’re usually quite small. In Malé, taxis are available. Driving is on the left.
If you are too busy or would just like a helping hand, our team can take care of flights and all other travel details.
The following is a list of International Airlines that operates flights frequently to and from the Maldives:
1. Aeroflot http://www.aeroflot.ru/
2. Air India http://www.airindia.com/
3. Austrian Airlines http://www.austrian.com/
4. Bankok Airways http://www.bangkokair.com/
5. British Airways http://www.britishairways.com/
6. Cathay Pacific http://www.cathaypacific.com/
7. China Eastern http://www.flychinaeastern.com/
8. China Southern http://www.flychinasouthern.com/
9. Condor http://www.condor.com/
10. Edelweiss http://www.edelweissair.ch/en
11. Emirates http://www.emirates.com/
12. Ethihad Airways http://www.etihad.com/
13. Fits Air http://www.fitsair.com/
14. Fly Dubai http://www.flydubai.com/
15. Hainan Airlines http://www.global.hnair.com/
16. Hongkong Airlines http://www.hongkongairlines.com/
17. Korean Air http://www.koreanair.com/
18. Xl Airways http://www.xlairways.fr/
19. Maldivian http://www.maldivian.aero/
20. Malaysia Airlines http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/
21. Mega Maldives http://www.megamaldivesair.com/
22. Meridiana Fly http://www.meridiana.it/en/
23. Neos http://www.neosair.it/
24. Oman Air http://www.omanair.com/
25. Qatar Airways http://www.qatarairways.com/
26. Sichuan Airlines http://www.scal.com.cn/B2C
27. Singapore Airlines http://www.singaporeair.com/
28. Srilankan Airlines http://www.srilankan.com/
29. Spice Jet http://wwww.spicejet.com/
30. Thomsonfly http://www.thomsonfly.com/
31. Turkish Airline http://www.turkishairlines.com/
1. Maldivian http://www.maldivian.aero/
2. Flyme http://www.flyme.mv/
1. Trans Maldives http://www.tma.com.mv/
2. Maldivian http://www.maldivian.aero/